Friday, December 25, 2009

The Journey of The Pod

 

When I see these hands, dry with dirt that grew these beans, I feel the air on my face pick up and bring me to a land far away. It could be a number of places in the Rainforest Region that I arrive at, yet the reality is that the hard work, the basics, and the hardship that comes with adapting to whatever nature deals you, is what it's all about. It might be trite, yet the little flies that came in with the plants that were in the garden this summer, remind me every day that balance is a challenge. I've put lavendar springs around the top of the soil on all the potted plants, I infused black pepper in the water I watered them with, and I know I need to shower them in some soapy solution-hoping the flies can be eradicated before they totally infest every plant in the house. The plants are all part of 'The Journey of The Pod' exhibit. All some type of tropical plant-I'm nurturing them to showcase where ever the exhibit goes. They are special and as they get more mature, they take on a life of their own. This is so small compared to what Plantation owners must struggle with when the rain invites insects and molds to thrive and threaten crops of all kinds.

Can you relate to any of this? Have you entered the art contest to be part of 'The Journey of The Pod' exhibit? For more details go to the tab 'The Journey of The Pod' and print out the entry form-the deadlines coming up fast.

Happy Holidays-The Chocolate Muse, Gretchen
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Food for thought